School is out and you know what that means. It means I have to stock up on freezer pops for the kids and their friends. I love that. This will be the second summer we’ve spent in our new neighborhood and the boys are so looking forward to late night games of ghost in the graveyard, trampoline water fights, chalk drawings on the driveways and roasting marshmallows over the fire pit. (Mental note: Buy fire pit they’ve asked for 3,459 times.)
![]() |
| photo credit |
I think after such a busy school year, we’re all ready for some time off to relax and just take in some sun (with SPF 100 sunscreen on of course) and some dinners out on the deck. Sometimes the “to do” list has to take a backseat and “want to’s” get to be in charge. We all deserve some time to stop and enjoy the pleasures of summer.
So, while I’ll be writing throughout the summer, I will likely be a little more hit and miss and perhaps not quite as regular as I have been in my writing. We’ll be taking some time out to watch the stars come into light of the night sky, attending baseball games, popping popcorn and calling dibs on the last orange freezer pop. Please stop by when you have some time and I’ll keep you updated throughout the summer on life’s happenings, quirky stories, and some food for thought (corn on the cob and watermelon) as time allows.
Here’s to a summer filled with new experiences and love all around.

No comments:
Post a Comment