His secret is safe in his sock drawer.
I won’t tell.
I understand.
There is a history and it repeats itself.
He wants to break the cycle.
He’s requested I purchase something special just for him.
Just for him.
Not for anyone else.
I do.
I leave it on his dresser for him and he says thank you.
I didn’t realize it was a secret,
Until today.
Putting black and green socks away into his dresser,
There it was.
His secret.
The aforementioned purchased item.
He likes his neat and the one they share isn’t neat.
He voiced his opinion and requested change,
Yet history repeated itself and nothing changed.
So he became the change he wanted to see.
He requested his own.
He received his own.
He hid his own.
His secret is safe in his sock drawer.
Oneline Workshop - Poem It Out - By Liz Lamoreux
ha ha... this totally makes me laugh! I have the same issue at my house! :) One of mine has to have his own too.
ReplyDeleteisn't that funny? even our kids are similar? too funny.
ReplyDeleteI love it!
ReplyDeletekids are funny aren't they.
DeleteI HAD to know what it was! Love your poem:)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Kathy for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed it.
DeleteCute :) Tell him I like a clean tube, too
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amy. I'll tell him.
DeleteOh my, Stephani, my girls are exactly the same way. This is just so sweet. So glad you shared it.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Siobhan, Kids are funny creatures sometimes! Thanks for stopping by.
Deleteohhhhh...heehee...
ReplyDeletei loved this.