Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Poet Self


I consider myself a life observer.  (Yes, I participate in life also, but find great satisfaction in observing as well.) I find people fascinating to watch and listen to.   The little things in my day are added together to make one complete moment in time.   

Today I am exploring the world as my poet self.  What is my poet self? 

_________________________

It’s the me who sees the sunbeams dance in the stream of water over the kitchen sink.

It’s the me who washes the dirt from the white socks and the white towels. 

It’s the me who is surprised to see the reflection of my distorted face in the bathroom faucet.

It’s the me who hears the jubilant cheers from my boys as school is cancelled because of the white frost and 60 mph winds.

It’s the me who touches the cold window and fogs it up with my warm breath.

It’s the me who notices the baby green tulip leaves sprouting through the snow covered mulch shivering and wanting the sun to come back.

It’s the me who breathes in deeply the cornflower blue liquid as I pour it into the washing machine.

It’s the me who embraces the rush of coldness from the garage as I enter to gather a diet soda from the fridge.

It’s the me who enjoys the laughter from four friends on a snow day.

It’s the me who eats wiggly noodles from a Styrofoam cup. 

_________________________


My poet self is the one who observes the simple little things in life that make up the whole of my day.  My poet self looks for more, hears the quiet, loves the tiny details that would normally go unnoticed.   Have you explored the world through your poet self lately?  It's worth a try.

__________________________________
Online Workshop - Poem It Out by Liz Lamoreux

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails