I believe that everything happens for a reason. I don’t believe in coincidence. Maybe that’s hard for some of you to grasp or believe, but if I believe in God, then I have to believe that there is a greater purpose than I could ever imagine for our lives here on earth; thus, the paths that we walk and cross are there to teach us something.
I believe this.
I truly believe this.
When tragedy happens, do we instantly understand? Not always. I don’t think so. We’re human after all and have emotions that have to be processed. We have to feel the loss, the event, the moment and push through it and try to come out stronger on the other side of the loss, the event or the moment.
Our wonderful friends are processing their tragic loss right now. They are pushing through each event and each moment. Their son, their young man, so full of love and life, was suddenly gone and sent unexpectedly heaven bound. They knew he would go to heaven, but not at this time. Truly unexpected.
If you think about it, we are all unexpectedly heaven bound. Think about it. We don’t know what lies around the very next bend in the road. We can’t see all that is coming down our path. We have no idea when our time will come. Thank goodness, right?
We are all walking our own God-given paths attempting to find and use the gifts that are ours. Some are spot on, in tune, drawn in, and some are still searching for those gifts and how best to use them. No matter where we are on our paths, this week has shown us that life is so very short; very short. We must use this time together to lift each other up and celebrate all that we are together and individually. We are each gifts to each other and must treat each other this way.
Slowly the smiles will be easier to form and laughter will come and brighten the space around all of them again. In time, smiles and laughter will be part of the everyday. But, for now, as we all try and push through to the other side of this event, ponder what you are doing to ensure that when it is your time to be unexpectedly heaven bound, you have filled your purpose and used your gifts. Use the gifts that are yours. Use them. Now.
I completely agree. 100%. My thoughts have been on this family so much and I find myself praying for them many times throughout the day. Maybe I'm looking for comfort myself as I process what it would be like for me if I were in their shoes. I would be so devastated and heartbroken to lose one of my children at this age. They must be very close friends of yours as I can feel your own grief in your words. Hugs to you my friend.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your prayers for them, Ginger. They are very strong, but they hurt nonetheless, a very painful hurt. I too have gone through, "what would I have done" scenario and know I wouldn't have been as gracious and positive as they have been. They will come through and the light will shine on their new normal one day soon.
Delete