Death
With an ending of breath
With a cry of mother’s tears
With a reason unknown
Death became
With loved ones surrounding
With stories of glory
With time as a bandage
Death became
With quiet and song
With candles burning bright
With hands outstretched
Death became
With sun through the grey
With peace near the grass
With heaven above
Death became Life
I missed the online poetry course I'm taking this week and am slowly catching up. As part of our assignments, we were to write a poem based on one word from our list of words we gathered earlier. Death was on my list and it became my word for the poem. The last eight days are in the past and we must now push forward and greet each day for the gift it is. I hope you will greet this weekend with smiles and wrap your arms around those you love and care for. We all need to feel loved and we all need to show our love to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment