Today I am starting a new e-course with Liz Lamoreux, called Poem It Out. I’m really looking forward to it and so have decided to make April the month of poetry here in my little part of the blogging world. I’m not a poet as such, but hope you will come along with me on this little “to rhyme or not to rhyme” journey and perhaps write a poem or two of your own during the next thirty days (or so).
Poetry is an interesting art to me simply because there aren’t any rules really. There are specific types like Haiku, Quatrain, Lyric, and Ballads, with strict rules and features, but there are also poems with more free verse style as well. These are the ones I am attracted to for the simple reason that they open up your mind to think outside of the box. The words don’t always fit into a neat little package, yet can deliver such a deep and profound message.
I hope to share with you some of the writing from the class in the coming weeks. So for now, as the wind is blowing sixty miles per hour outside my window, I leave you with a little Haiku from me to you.
__________________________________
Poetry alive
Words singing to me sweet love
Penning words to you
No comments:
Post a Comment