If you know me, you know that I despise the wind. I cannot stand to be out in it (and not just because my hair whips into my lip gloss) and will do everything possible to shield myself from it. It raises my blood pressure and makes me feel as if I must run a marathon in a few minutes. It makes me cold to the bone and I don't like to be cold almost as much as I don't care for the wind.
Today is a snow day. The schools are closed, not for the snow, because there is only a dusting, but for the wind and the windchill it is generating. It was a wonderful surprise to wake up to. I really didn't think they'd close the schools, because for us, it was the last day of finals at the high schools. But, they did.
Our oldest now has three weeks to study for his math final. Lucky him!
As the wind howls outside our home today I am going to slowly but surely get a few things done around the house today (note I said "few"), put on some music in the house, cater to my two boys, keep calling my husband to make sure he's safe on the road, make some lunch (which may be a frozen pizza), match the socks in the mismatch basket, and enjoy the fireplace and the cats resting at my feet.
I hope you will enjoy your time today and find a few minutes to do something you love. I plan on staying out of the wind as one of those things!
No comments:
Post a Comment