The last two days have been lovely. Just lovely. The boys each had friends over so the house was filled
with nine young men for the better part of the weekend and 4AM sprinkles of
laughter, popcorn on the floor and Doritos crumbs spread about, but fun was had
by all. We woke up on Sunday
morning to a dash of snow and cold temperatures, but with the electric blankets
dialed up to their highest setting, everyone was cozy and warm.
The laundry is waiting ever so patiently, as I’ve decided that wearing your socks twice in a row is now the new “in” fashion statement (no, not really, but it’s an idea isn’t it?). Dishes are piled up while the dishwasher finishes its 2nd run for the morning, yes, I know it’s a lot of dishes, but sometimes it just happens that way. The beds are still unmade and as I type this, two of our three cats are nestled at my feet purring furiously in hopes of me staying put. I’m easing into this Monday morning and while I have to teach 5th grade for a few hours this afternoon, I’m not in a rush. I’m enjoying my cup of chai tea and catching up on a little reading to start my morning off right. Deep breath in, deep breath out.
The laundry is waiting ever so patiently, as I’ve decided that wearing your socks twice in a row is now the new “in” fashion statement (no, not really, but it’s an idea isn’t it?). Dishes are piled up while the dishwasher finishes its 2nd run for the morning, yes, I know it’s a lot of dishes, but sometimes it just happens that way. The beds are still unmade and as I type this, two of our three cats are nestled at my feet purring furiously in hopes of me staying put. I’m easing into this Monday morning and while I have to teach 5th grade for a few hours this afternoon, I’m not in a rush. I’m enjoying my cup of chai tea and catching up on a little reading to start my morning off right. Deep breath in, deep breath out.
The chores are always there. Always.
Sometimes, you have to take the minutes when they come and
enjoy them. Gazing out the window
or reading a chapter in your book or opening all the blinds in the house to let
the sunshine fall across the floor.
It’s in these moments that I find a sense of calm and can direct my
compass in the right direction.
I hope today you will allow yourself to enjoy the sprinkles
of laughter as they come into your day and I am more than happy to share our
dash of snow with you as well.
Take notice of the little things that come about in your day
today…
the
birds sitting on the light post while you’re at the stoplight
the
crunch of snow under your feet as you walk into the house
the
smell of cinnamon that wafts from the candle glowing brightly
the
sound the sheets make when you “whip” them onto the bed
the
feel of the scarf you select to wrap yourself in to keep you warm
All these things together add up to the big picture of life,
so don’t miss out on their importance in your day and the little sprinkle of
laughter they might offer.
No comments:
Post a Comment