Friday, December 7, 2012

A Weekend Reminder


Friday has come quickly this week for some reason.  I know the time passes the same each day, but wasn’t it just Monday?  I know it was.  December is a busy month, as I’m sure it is for everyone.  Birthdays, shopping, holiday baking, get-togethers, finals, and so many other things are vying for space on the calendar and it can become overwhelming at times.  I know.  I feel it every now and again just like you do.

With the weekend trying to sneak into the early hours of Friday, I hope you will take a few minutes to slow down and take a few deep breaths (even if it’s while you’re standing in line to buy toothpaste). 

There are many expectations and obligations that come during this month and they can grab hold of our patience, our kind words, and our overall attitude and squeeze the very life out of us.  It requires effort to stay centered and focus on the positive.  Real effort some days. 

So, for those moments when you feel like the wind has been knocked out of you or the kids are too loud, or the mail is piling up and you want to crawl back in bed; here are a few suggestions to breathe deeply….

….take a walk around the block
five minutes and fresh air can do wonders

….light a few candles (even if they are your emergency “the power is out” ones)
            having soft lighting in the room will ease your mind

….turn the radio on your favorite station and crank it up
            singing aloud for a few minutes and tapping your toes will lift your spirits

….sit down and eat a nice lunch
            eating on the go or while multi-tasking robs yourself of a few minutes to slow down


Here’s to a wonderful weekend of deep breathing and taking each moment of this month as it comes without worry or stress.



1 comment:

  1. Did you write this for me? If not, you should have. It's just what I needed! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails