Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Open the Love-Window

This time of year can be quite romantic with all the lights, candles, music and snowfalls throughout the month, but if we keep our love-windows closed and the blinds pulled, we are unable to receive the magic that is.  We must be open to hear the sounds and the touch of softness that wanders in during this time of year.  My grandma always kept the kitchen window cracked open during the winter, regardless of the temperature. Last week, the house was so hot, yet it was only 44 degrees outside and I found myself walking through the house opening every window and set of blinds and within minutes, I felt a wash of calm over my entire being.  Was grandma on to something she never told us?  Was she letting in the love?  Was she simply opening her love-window to receive the  magic of this season?   Perhaps she was.  In my morning reading, I cam across one of Rumi's poems that spoke to me.   It's so simple, yet so romantic and wonderful.   I share it with you today and hope that you will open your love-window and let in the love that is yours for the taking.

Some Kiss We Want
by Rumi

There is some kiss we want with
our whole lives, the touch of

spirit on the body. Seawater
begs the pearl to break its shell.

And the lily, how passionately
it needs some wild darling! At

night, I open the window and ask
the moon to come and press its

face against mine.  Breathe into
me. Close the language-door and

open the love-window.  The moon
won’t use the door, only the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails