Monday, December 6, 2010

My Ten-Year Old Son

My baby is turning ten years old today.   I feel like it was just yesterday that he was my tiny little boy wrapped in a yellow blanket sleeping all day and always happy. Where does the time go?  

He doesn’t need my help tying his shoes anymore or zipping his coat.  He can make his own breakfast and has an opinion about what he wears to school.  He’s becoming so independent now and has such confidence in himself that he makes us so proud.  He’s a quiet soul, but is funny as all get out and always surprises us with his quick comebacks to any adult conversation.  It may not look like he’s paying attention, but he is.   He’s so polite and courteous to everyone and is the model cub scout in every way.

He’s my little companion in the car and will go on any errand with you as long as there are gummy worms in the end.  He never complains and has such an easy-going nature, well, most of the time.   Add a lack of sleep to the mix and you could get a different child at any given moment. 

As his parents, we are so proud of all he’s done and will continue to do in this world.  I see great things in his future.  Perhaps he’ll be an artist, a computer engineer, an Air Force Cadet or maybe even a geologist.  The sky is the limit, but do know that this last ten years has been a blessing for us because he’s given us and our family so much love.   I love you from here to the moon…………(I can still say that, even if you’re double digits old.) Happy Birthday, my little boy.  I love you.



2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling! Mine turned 11 this year and it only seems like yesterday when I was holding him in my arms for the first time! I'm afraid that if I blink, he'll be grown...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest just turned 14, so it's a busy month for us.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails