An airplane is testing its controls and landing gear
The school-yard is filled with lunchtime recess and voices
of youth
A bird, perhaps a morning dove or wren, voices its thoughts
for the day
The aspen buds have bloomed and wiggle with joy to be born
in this day
Six lilacs await their birth, not to be rushed
The bee spirals through this space seeking color and scent
And I,
I sit on my blanket and breathe
An ant tries to greet feet resting so still
Strawberries attempt to find their path through the fall’s
leaves so brown
A birdhouse waits for its family to return
A crimson pinwheel spins in the yard nearby
The clouds swim along their way against the blueness so pure
A tree sheds its tiny blooms all fuzzy and grey
And I,
I sit on my blanket and breathe
A heart is longing for direction and purpose
The beating can be heard through the wind
Breath fills the soul with goodness and light
And the sun captures the beauty upon the shadow near
Trees and grass wave to each other
They know where to go and how to be
And I,
I sit on my blanket and breathe
This is such an interesting photo, and your poem is just lovely!
ReplyDelete