My husband and I had a
fascinating experience today while sitting and waiting for our boys and their
friends at the local tramopoline center.
I don’t normally bring my computer with me when I go “out” but knew I’d
be sitting there for two hours and wanted to look at flights and such for our
next vacation.
While we were looking at one of
the flight options, a gentleman who we came to know as Victor, (who also had his laptop with
him while waiting for his son and friends) asked us if we minded if he played
music as he didn’t want to disturb us.
We didn’t mind at all.
What happened next, I can’t
really put into words. We had the
most lovely, inspiring, warm, friendly conversation with a complete stranger
for the better part of the hour.
Most people, and normally, I would probably include myself in the
category of “most people” don’t want to strike up conversations with strangers,
but today, Victor, asked about the trip we were thinking about, and the
conversation took off running from there.
I was sitting in awe of our most
intimate conversation between the three of us. Intimate in a real, connect to another human being way. It was quite beautiful actually.
I was surprised by his
candidness, but then again I wasn’t, and we both appreciated his honest
connection and discussions and know will remember this hour many days, weeks,
months from now.
There are times in our lives when
we are blessed with glimpses into the world and how it might be if we were open
to hearing another person’s heart. Heaven on earth is this way. I know it
is.
We are compassionate for others,
we have empathy, we share laughter, we are truly who we are meant to be with a
total stranger and we are better for it at the end of the time spent
together. He told stories of his
one true love, his son, his work, his family, the culture he grew up in, his
business ideas, travel, food, beach sand, art and the list goes on.
We introduced our children to
each other, shook hands and left the trampoline center. Perhaps our paths will cross again,
perhaps they won’t. What I do
know, is that I am grateful for being open-minded enough that a complete
stranger can place an imprint upon my day and am better off from the
experience than had I sat there in the quiet.
Simply a beautiful experience
today. Simply lovely.
| heaven on earth |
We had a similar experience last night! We were sitting at a table at a very crowded restaurant and a mother/son couple asked if they could share the table with us. We had the best time getting to know each other. I love meeting new people because it reminds me that good people can be found where ever we go. Thanks for sharing your experience!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had the same experience. When things like this happen it makes me realize that "in general" people are good. I always like seeing it happen though.
Delete