Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12: Thirty Days of Gratitude


Sixteen years ago, yes, sixteen, I became a first time mother to a beautiful baby boy.  Our happy family of two, became a beautiful family of three, sixteen years ago.

Yes.

Sixteen.

Can you tell I’m having a little trouble with this reality. 

Our little boy has become a beautiful young man and am so proud of all he is.  I won’t dwell on this date too much, and the significance of a special sweet 16 birthday, because it makes me quite emotional actually.  

Today I am grateful for this young man and all he brings to our lives and how he enriches us with laughter, orneriness, smiles galore and love that touches a very deep place in my heart.  I love you so much, sweet young man.

my little boy - 16


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your son! Such a handsome young man. I hope he has a memorable day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ginger. He had a birthday "weekend" so is quite "celebrated".

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails