Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 6: Thirty Days of Gratitude


Today is an important day in our country and am watching the election coverage on and off as I go about my chores this morning.   It’s a great privilege we have to be able to participate in electing our leaders of our country.  I’ve always voted and feel have made an informed choice as I go to the polls, but this year, I have found myself more and more interested and fascinated with the process.  I’m enthralled with the passion held by so many for their candidate.  I am ready for the ads and negative energy to end however.  It does get a little overwhelming, doesn’t it?

This is what makes our country, our country.  I am grateful for the freedoms this beautiful place offers us.  We have so many privileges that so many around the world don’t and cannot help but feel gratitude for this great country, the United States of America.

I hope you will not take this privilege for granted and let the opportunity pass you by today.

I hope you will embrace this day of voting and urge you to pick up a magazine and a cup of coffee and go stand in line if you have not already done so.   Yes, you may be there for a while, maybe even hours, but it will be worth your time. 

Plus, you get one of these as a “prize” for standing in line so long.  I know you want one!



If you aren’t sure where to go to vote, click here and enter your home address and you can find out.  Take advantage of this day and vote.  As Nike says, “Just do it!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails