It’s an ongoing game we play. It confuses their friends when they’re in the car with us, but we still play it anyway. Maybe you do too. We don’t have a name for it, but perhaps should look into that. Here’s how you play: Get in the car. Drive. Observe. Spot a funny one and read it! That’s all there is to it. Here’s one I saw this morning coming back from dropping the boys off at school; 035 KID. I thought to myself, "Wow, that’s a lot of kids to have." And, if there’s ever one that ends in GAS, or FRT watch out. Giggles guaranteed from the backseat for sure. (And it doesn’t matter what the numbers are on those!) Not everyone has a humorous one, but if you try, you can usually come up with some phrase that works. Mine is boring and ends with PJN. Can’t really come up with anything clever for it. Do you have a good one? You could buy one if you choose, but for us, that takes the fun out of being creative and letting random thoughts pass through your mind.
It’s one of the times when it’s ok to interrupt the conversation, because it passes by so quickly and we always want to catch a view of it. It’s not uncommon to be talking and then someone just shouts out, “Wow, that woman has read 856 books!” We all try to get a peek before it’s gone and crane our necks just so for a clear shot of it. It’s a way to pass time or make someone laugh. You’ll have to try it next time you’re in the car. It’s addicting. You can start the next time you’re at a red light. Read the license plate of the car in front of you and see if you can make something clever out of the letters and numbers. It doesn’t have to make sense or be funny, but it counts for more points if it brings a smile to the faces of the rest of the passengers in the car. Good luck and if you come up with a name for the game, you’ll get bonus points. So be ready for the next time I’m in the car with you, I just might shout out, “Hey, that man has 8 legs!” (008 LGS) It will make you look, that’s for sure. Happy license plate reading.
TAROT PLATES - Speed Readings
ReplyDeleteMy CO plate was 566 REE, and I always thought, "That's probably what"s going through the heads of anyone riding with me - 'Reeeeee!'"
ReplyDeleteI'll never look at a license plate the same way, ever again. I've already played this game a few times - and not very successfully, but maybe I'll get better at it with practice. Sometimes I even have trouble deciphering a REAL vanity plate, much less these that are ordinary and never meant to actually mean anything. I'll practice some more.
ReplyDelete