Friday, February 5, 2010

A Writer


A writer likes to be alone in a room
Happily writing sparkling prose.
The quiet lends itself to flow
Of the words that linger in the soul.

A writer voices what stirs the heart
Providing others with the beat.
The words are only a small part
The rest, we complete.

A writer has something to say
About the world or small detail in life.
They hope to inspire, amuse or relay
A point of view unique to their beliefs.

A writer truly wants to be read
On a bus, by the lake or in the car.
Opening up thoughts in your head
Taking you places afar.

A writer is what I aspire to be
Finding a place for the words within.
Opening the doors to what I see
This is how I will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails