Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Progress


For the last two weeks I’ve been writing and writing.  Ok, not writing and writing, but typing and typing.  Each day staring at a blank page and wondering if something will come to mind that is worthy of the keystrokes and time.  It’s been very interesting, difficult and enjoyable all at the same time.  For me, it’s been about discovering that inspiration is in the small things, the everyday things that seem to last only minutes.  These moments bring me the most satisfaction because these moments are my life.  All of us have thousands of moments that happen throughout the week, but don’t always take the time to see the humor, the joy or the lesson in them.  I’ve been diligently trying to be aware of these moments and seeing the truth in them, the frivolity in them, the importance in them and the life in them. The “them” is my life and what my eyes see and what my ears hear and there is so much to see and hear.  However, I’ve tried to be selective on what I write about. I haven’t written about my kids giving each other the “look” at breakfast or how much I detest putting the wet laundry into the dryer. (I really “hate” this part of doing the laundry.  I don’t know why, but I do.)  I also haven’t written about the fact that every morning I put 11.7 miles on the car taking the boys to school and once drove 52 miles in one day.  (How?  I do not know.) These are moments in my life, but do they have meaning in them?  Not so much.  They do show a snapshot of a moment in time, in my life, but haven’t made it onto my list of on-going ideas to draw from.  So, today I will continue to try and make progress on my goals and dreams.  I will write from my heart and share with you only those things I feel are worthy of the keystrokes and time, clicking on “File” >”Save As” and of being “backed up” on my external hard drive.  Here’s to progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails