Monday, May 2, 2011

From Where I Sit

I have signed up for an on-line writing course this month from the author of The Word Cellar.  Throughout the month I will be sharing with you some of my writing that is prompted from the course. I'm looking forward to this creative challenge for myself and hope to write something new and different from what I normally share. Feel free to visit her site or read her blog.  The course is called Alchemy Daily.

Alchemy Daily - Day One

The view changes if I move.   From where I sit right now, the rooftops of the houses are covered with frost from the cold from hours past.  The mountains in the distance are also dusted with a layer of new snow and the clouds are showing their finest fluffiness and marching along at a very calm pace.  Perhaps they have nowhere in particular to be today and want to enjoy the journey rather than hurry along and move to places unknown.

The view changes if I move.  If I sit on the floor, the blue that surrounds the majestic white fluffiness is the only thing my eyes can see.  If I stretch out my arm I could almost touch its creamy blueness. 

I find that if you change your position, the view of life too can change.  If I sit in a chair of regret or sadness, the view is foggy, grey, cold, prickly. I need a blanket to keep me warm and to wrap me tightly in my bitterness.  It isn’t comfortable.  The view is not one of hope or grace.  It’s angry and dark and tastes like burnt toast.

But, if I sit in a chair of love and gratefulness, the view is clear, blue, warm, fuzzy.  I can sit in the sunbeams of happiness and feel it warm my heart.  It’s so comfortable.  The view is not worrisome or fearful.  It’s joyous and bright and tastes like honey from the hive.

What do you see from where you sit?

1 comment:

  1. just wanted to let you know that I like your writing, it is a very readable and comfortable style which I appreciate ! I will keep reading .....fellow alchemist and blogger, Martha
    www.lilliesavage.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails