Tuesday, January 24, 2012

14 Stars

My husband and I just returned from our cruise to the Caribbean and let’s just say we had a w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l time together.  We did all the touristy things; climbed the Mayan Ruins, sat at the beaches with sand in our toes, ate lavishly every day and shopped the local markets. 

The best part of the trip however, was truly just “being” together and sitting holding hands, walking along the shore smiling at each other, talking about how lucky we are in our love and lives, and reconnecting to each other without any interruptions.  It was much needed time for us to unwind and relax and have officially given it 14 stars on the 1-10 scale of stars.

It’s so important for couples to make time to enjoy each other’s company and really let go of the pressures of work and life every now and then.  We truly unplugged, shut off the phones, didn’t check email at the internet café on board, and didn’t have one conversation about the boys, work, to do items, etc.  We just focused on each other and for us, that was the 4 extra stars in our 14 star rating.  No interruptions, no worries, but just endless time together at a snail’s pace in a gorgeous setting.

I won’t go into the daily details, but will share several of the photos we took and a list of the highlights of our vacation journey.   I hope you will take some time, even if it’s an evening walk, to enjoy the love in your life and let them know how much they mean to you.  It will only strengthen everything you have together.   Consider it homework for the week.


Vacation Highlights….

-Sea sickness is real and can last for hours.  Dramamine is your friend.
-Towel animals WILL make you laugh.
-All shapes and sizes wear a bikini - so wear it if you have one!
-Sunsets at sea are gorgeous to say the least.
-My husband is officially the Ping Pong Champion of the ship.
-Walking on the beach in three countries in seven days can lower your heart rate.
-There are conventions for magicians.
-Piano bar music will make you want to dance in front of strangers.
-If you’re going to eat, make sure you learn where the gym is day one.
-Grits look just like cream of wheat.
-Romance is an evening walk on deck.
-Who needs a good book to read when you have 2400 people to watch.
-You get lost on a large ship, but never fear, maps of the ship are everywhere.
-Who says you can’t win “big” with $2 in the casino? 
-When it comes right down to it, people are people everywhere and are kind at heart.
-We have more than we need in life.
-I love the man I married 21 years ago, more than ever.

























2 comments:

  1. So THAT'S where you went! I was on the wrong coast! :) I'm so happy you had a great time and enjoyed yourself. I love all the photos you shared. The one of you and your husband all dressed up is so good! You need to put that on your wall somewhere. This is exactly what I need... but with a daughter going off to college in a few months, I think we will have to wait a little longer. At least I can imagine, thanks to your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always beautiful pictures! Your vacation highlights make me smile - so glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails