Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Inside My Box

I got a box in the mail today.   A plain and simple brown box addressed to me.  I knew what was in it before I opened it, but I was still excited to open it.  It may not be exciting for you, but it was for me because I’ve been working so hard to own one (or two) of these.  

Nope, it wasn’t an expensive watch.

Nope, it wasn’t a pair of emerald cut diamond earrings.

Nope, it wasn’t an antique typewriter.

Nope, it wasn’t a deed to lakefront property (although that would be nice).

Nope…

Inside my box…

Inside my box…

Inside my box...
(You have to sing it like Balthasar sings “This is my Box”)  (Go ahead and sing it.)

Well, inside my box…

was a b-i-k-i-n-i

Yes, that’s right.  I am the proud owner of a brand new turquoise bikini!  I have been working so hard to shed some of the weight I’ve been carrying around with me and I feel great!  Great enough to order a bikini WITHOUT trying it on.  And, it fits!   If I could bottle up what I’m feeling right now, I would and I would give you a free bottle of it.

I can hardly wait to put it on and dip my toes in the ocean and hold hands with my husband as we stroll the shore.  

There were three swimsuits in the box and they all fit!  The second bikini is due to arrive early next week.   I’d insert a line here that says, “pictures to follow,” but I don’t want to push it.   We’ll see how daring I feel in another week or so.    For now, you can have a snapshot of the suits (minus me).  

Today, a little happiness came wrapped inside a little brown box with my name on it.

B-I-K-I-N-I.  Go ahead, say it aloud (I did!)







5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Congrats on the weight loss! I hope you have a fun trip... are you going to Hawaii?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ginger! We're heading on a cruise to the Caribbean in a week. I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate! Since I had the twins, my abs look like they're melting and I refuse to wear a bikini. I hope to get back to one someday...but CONGRATS to you! And have fun on the cruise! Can't wait to see pics :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails