Today I wish I was a wizard and had my very own pensieve to store my extra thoughts in. My head is spinning like the whirling dervishes you hear about. I have 2.4 million (ok, maybe not that many) little things I need to finish up before we can leave for our trip and yet my mind wants me to sit and be creative, to write, to cut, to paste. I do not have time for this right now, but I so wish I did. I feel like I am being pulled in half and need to just sit and enjoy the cold wind from inside my warm room with my hot tea rather than run around and tie up loose ends.
Create.
Be Productive.
Create.
Be Productive.
My mind is chattering over and over. It won’t be quiet. There are so many things I’d like to do, but really need to stay focused and prioritize right now, but my heart says otherwise…
“Sit and write a while. You’ll have plenty of time to finish things tomorrow.”
“Be quiet and reflect for a moment.”
“Get out that blank notebook and start making a list of all the things you'd like to make.”
“Maybe a trip to the craft store would be nice.”
I’m one of those people, that likes to get everything in order, clean house, put clothes away, make the bed, do the dishes, plan dinner, etc. BEFORE I sit and create. I need that clear space around me to think openly and freely so that I can enjoy being creative. That’s why I feel so pulled today, because I need to do all those things yet I have the desire to do otherwise and just leave the mess behind. This is a new feeling for me. I know it sounds silly, but it’s strong today. Do I listen to it or ignore it? Should I just keep moving along my list of “to do’s”? Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment