There’s something to be said about a fresh start. It’s a good thing. Whether it be cleaning out your closet and tossing out that yellow miniskirt you swore you’d wear again, but haven’t or beginning a new job. The feeling of wiping that ever present slate clean is one that gives us a sense of hope to be and do better. I am currently in the process of getting my Clorox wipes out and scrubbing off the old slate and have to admit, the feeling is invigorating. Having just purchased a new home, I can hardly wait to live there. Having new walls to paint, and closets to organize is something I’ve been looking forward to for a long time. Yes, I have walls I can paint and closets I can organize in our current home, but that’s different, you know it is.
This is the longest I’ve ever lived in one place on two levels; longest in one house and longest in one city, so you can imagine the “stuff” that has accumulated over the years. Once we get past the last hurdle of our home inspection, the elation will set in and the trash bags will come out. (Unbeknownst to my trashman, he’s going to have his work cut out for him in the coming weeks when he makes his stop at our house. Perhaps I should bake him some cookies for all the work he’s about to face.) I’m so looking forward to going through every room in the house and doing a complete “clean sweep” of its contents. Keep, Toss, Sell, Donate. I can hardly wait.
I can almost smell the new paint on the walls and the fresh carpet. Can’t you? How are you with a paintbrush? Making our new home ours is the part I look forward to the most. I’ve had to stop myself from going to Lowe’s and picking out paint samples for the kitchen and have tried to limit the time I spend on roomzaar.com exploring all the decorating ideas. We still have a life to live, soccer games to attend, baseball games to play, chess tournaments to go to and a trip to NYC coming up. It may take me some time and some major elbow grease to scrub the scuff marks off my slate, but eventually it will be clean and a new front door will open and we’ll enjoy a cup of hot tea on the deck looking at the peak still covered in snow.
I can almost smell the new paint on the walls and the fresh carpet. Can’t you? How are you with a paintbrush? Making our new home ours is the part I look forward to the most. I’ve had to stop myself from going to Lowe’s and picking out paint samples for the kitchen and have tried to limit the time I spend on roomzaar.com exploring all the decorating ideas. We still have a life to live, soccer games to attend, baseball games to play, chess tournaments to go to and a trip to NYC coming up. It may take me some time and some major elbow grease to scrub the scuff marks off my slate, but eventually it will be clean and a new front door will open and we’ll enjoy a cup of hot tea on the deck looking at the peak still covered in snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment