Thursday, April 8, 2010

Linked Upon

There should be a word for it, but I haven’t been able to come up with it yet.  We’ve all done it and probably do it more than we’ll admit.   A link on your favorite web-site is glowing in all its glory, waiting for you to just click on it to take you away to a brand new world.  You click and off you go into galactic cyberspace transition world when the new link suddenly appears.  The site is interesting.  You read about its purpose and when and how it got started and you admire their graphics and then click on another link that offers even more creative juice for your glass and it doesn’t disappoint either.  Beautiful music is playing on the site so you have to scroll down to look at their music widget to see what the name of the song is.  Hmmmm, a new artist you haven’t heard of.  You make a note on your running songs to buy list and that’s when you realize you’ve been clicking deeper and deeper into the world of links and you’ve managed to forget what you were searching for in the first place and 45 minutes has been lost forever.  

I AM GUILTY AS CHARGED.  I have found myself doing this more and more lately (while searching for ways to lure more people to read my blog).  I’m beginning to wonder if I have some sort of internet disorder that I need to seek professional help for.  This can’t be a good way to pass time, but it’s addicting.  Just today I found three new sites that I’ve added to my never ending list of favorites and I’m sure will be following them soon on Facebook too (this is another dimension of the addition.  The need to be “in the know”  and forever “up to date”  about the goings on of everyone 24/7).

I know you’ve done this too, admit it.  You’re just as guilty.  One thing leads to another and before you know it, your search for a new grilled chicken recipe has you on a site of how to organically grow blueberries indoors in your New York City apartment and you live in Arizona.  You know you’ve done it, so might as well own up to it!

So in my search to be read by the masses, I thought I’d share with you the three wonderful sites I linked upon today in my search for information. I hope you will link upon them in your spare time.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am guilty as charged. Sometimes a comment on a blog grabs my attention, and I will click on that person...and off I go into another's world.
    Actually, that is how I ended up here. I like your writing style; and the things you write about, I can relate to. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails