Today is Flashback Friday! Here’s a picture of my husband and I on our wedding day as we are leaving the church. I was so young and so happy and am thrilled to say I am still both! (Or at least I feel young.) It was such a wonderful day. My bridesmaids and I got up, didn’t get ready, went to the church to blow up balloons and laughed and giggled like little girls. By the time I was dressed and ready to head to the church, I felt so wonderfully calm and excited. I knew that this was the start of my married life and was so ready for it. The trumpeter played and Dad and I walked down the aisle to a church filled with smiles and I could see my soon to be husband waiting for me as he stood next to my Grandpa.
The ceremony was beautiful and I only teared up once as I said the ending of my vows. I think it was just a rush of the reality that I was truly a woman now and a married one at that. We had a delicious dinner in Fellowship Hall and then off we went down the steps as everyone tossed rice at us and we laughed ourselves into the car.
When we arrived at the hotel, the lobby was filled with college baseball players because if you know anything about Omaha during June, baseball takes over the city as it’s the home of the College World Series. The team let us check in first, which I thought was a very nice gesture and then we headed up to our room. We were both thirsty, so my sweet husband asked me what I wanted to drink (root beer), gathered his quarters and headed to the soda machine. When he realized they didn’t have root beer, he pushed the coke button and voila, out came a root beer. When he got back to the room and told me of his vending machine miracle, I couldn’t stop smiling. I knew that was a God wink and that we were meant to be together. It was such a wonderful little happening to start our married life. It will be 20 years in June. It seems like only yesterday we were dodging the rice being tossed at our heads. I love him with all my heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment