Sitting on the fence is no easy task for me. On one side is pure excitement and joy and on the other is uncertainty and lack of control. I’ve been sitting on this fence now for almost a week and have about 48 more hours to go. It’s truly been a test of my patience to say the least. However, today I am planning to relax and accept the flow of the day. I so often say to others, “You can only do what you can do,” and I have done all that I can do. Now, I must sit and wait, be quiet, listen and show a kind of patience I don’t normally have. I have no other choice. It doesn’t mean the next 47 hours and 58 minutes will be simple and without emotion, but I am doing my best to let go and give my worries to God and let him handle it from here. Why spend valuable energy worrying about things I cannot change or have control over? What a waste of time, right? Of course it is, but my mind has trouble accepting that truth and my heart wants so strongly. How to balance the two is the issue I face today.
I will rest in the fact that a few simple God winks have come our way in the last few days, so am holding onto those and keeping them close to my heart. I have lived my life believing that everything happens for a reason, so will continue with that mantra today and enjoy the sun that has been absent for so many days, enjoy my son being off from school today and getting his braces off, and having lunch with my husband. Today will be a good day, I just know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment