Our new neighbors are moving in today. They’ve pretty much gutted the house and started over with what was there. New everything. We met them on Saturday and seem very nice and are excited to start their time together in their new house. It makes me remember us moving into this house almost 13 years ago. They're anxious to start fresh in a new place and have room to spread out, just like we were. I hope they’ll be very happy in their new home and hope to get to know them better, but at the same time, it brings out a bit of anxiousness in myself though. I WANT to be them! I WANT to start fresh in a new house and paint the walls and have space to spread out and have the boys be able to play outside with their friends. (Our neighborhood now, is nil of afternoon basketball and soccer in the street.) I keep telling myself we have to be patient, but that is not a strength of mine. It’s actually number one on my weakness list if you want to know the truth. I’m trying to remain hopeful and know that it takes time, but there are days, like today, that I WANT. We don’t need a new house. We get along very well with what we have and where we are, but I still WANT to be out of this house and in another one. I think it would be easier to be patient if we hadn’t found anything we WANT to buy, but we have found one, so that adds a layer of patience I really don’t have. Everything has to fall in place one step at a time. You can’t just say you WANT to eat cake for dessert and voila, there’s cake for dessert. You have to mix it, pour it, bake it and wait. If you just put the ingredients into a bowl without mixing, you’d end up with a disaster, so I’m trying to practice patience and follow the steps and not try to get ahead of ourselves in WANTING something that is several steps away. I know that if it’s meant to be, then it will happen in its own time, but I’m a member of the NOW NOW Society and WANT it now. So today I will ask for patience in waiting for our path to unfold in front of us and to be hopeful that our WANT is the WANT we’re supposed to have.
Tara's house?
ReplyDeleteYes, Amy, Tara's. She sold it and it's a brand new house. They've been working on it for over a month. Can't wait to see inside! All new trim/doors/kitchen/floors/bathrooms, etc.
ReplyDelete