Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Goldfish Memory

If you ask me to stop by the store and get milk, I will forget. If you ask me to e-mail someone tomorrow, I will forget.  But if you ask me to do something and I write it down,  then and only then will it get done.  When it comes to remembering to do things, I have the memory of a goldfish.   Pretty much nil.   I have to write it down, or I just cannot remember.  Why is that?   I have more notepads than anyone I know.  I have three beside my bed, several in the office, one in my purse and two in the kitchen junk drawer and they are used daily.  (I know, I probably need an iphone with a fancy app to keep me all organized, but even if I had that, I know I’d still write it down. Remember, I’m a simple woman.)

Here’s my list for today. 


I left off “empty litter box” so that needs to go on there or another week might go by and that would be a bad thing.  Trust me. 

When it comes to remembering events or what people said or what we did on vacation, that’s not a problem.  Recalling those types of things is simple and very rarely forget that stuff.  I must use a different part of my brain when it comes to “action” items.  (Maybe that’s why getting to the gym is hard for me? Hmmm….)

I like the security a list offers as well.  I can keep it with me, refer to it when necessary and the best part is crossing off an item on the list when it’s done!  I never throw the list away until everything is crossed off either.  That would be cheating and I don’t cheat!  If at the end of the day I have only one item to cross off and can’t do it until the next day, then I do give myself permission to start a new list, but only with the prerequisite that the “undone” item be the first thing on the new list.

My list is long today, because I’ve been procrastinating and occupying my mind on house hunting stuff, but now that that is over, I need to hit the pavement running and not at a slow jog, but more of a 4 minute mile pace! Wish me luck.   Now to cross off one more item on the list.



2 comments:

  1. Love the list....as a fellow list maker...I can totally relate!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, I forgot to add...that I found you via theblogfrog.

    Blessings~
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails