Monday, April 26, 2010

One Very Exciting E-Mail

Today, like any day, I got up and got ready dressed, took the kids to school, went to the Y to do my workout (this part isn’t always on the list, but today it was), got ready (shower and make-up applied) and then checked my e-mail to find I had 17 new messages. WOW!  17! I think that was a record, except for the time our internet provider “accidentally” resent 250 old e-mails to us when they were upgrading a server. Anyway, I was thrilled that I would have a nice full mailbox to read through before I started my chores.  

Internet bill is ready for viewing - boring/delete
Don’t forget to invite people to the summer camp - duplicate/delete (conveniently with no unsubscribe button)
Three updates from elementary school - already knew the info/delete
Two updates from middle school - already knew the info/delete
Blog Award - WHAT?   ME?   AN AWARD? - read 10 times/keep

Ok, so I didn’t believe it at first, but after clicking on all the links and the links within the links, sure enough, I got selected to receive the “Honest Scrap” Award for my blog from my Blog Frog Friend, http://frugaltractormom.blogspot.com/.  (You’ll have to do some reading on her great site and follow the fantastic coupon deals she finds. And if you scroll down a bit, you'll see my blog listed in her list of award recipients.)  I can’t believe it.  I'm pleasantly surprised.

So………drumroll please…………I’d like to take a moment to bask in the limelight of my Blog Award!  

(Dramatic pause while I look at the award logo and prepare for my thank you speech.)


I’d like to thank my fellow blogger, Frugal Tractor Mom, for this opportunity to be recognized in the gargantuan world of blogging.  I can’t tell you how thrilled I truly am.  I just started my blog a few months ago and am loving every minute of it.  It has given me a written voice and a slice of internet to call my own.   Thank you to all my family and friends for reading the tidbits of my life daily and your positive support.  I’d also like to say a special thank you to all my new blogging followers on Blog Frog (19 total) for signing in every once in a while and leaving me a wonderful comment and encouragement. Thank you again for this wonderful honor.

(Dramatic pause while I look at the award logo once again and lift my fingers from the keyboard as a professional pianist would at the end of a 10 minute solo.)


As part of receiving this wonderful Blog Award you are required to list 10 random things about yourself and then pass along this award to your 10 favorite bloggers, so here goes:


10 Random Things About Me
1.   I love rainy days.
2.  I would invite every stray kitten/cat into my home if I could.
3.  I don't like cold food - it makes my teeth hurt.
4.  I slow down for yellow lights unless we're late for school.
5.  I always wave back at people holding marketing signs for stores. ("Liquidation Sale Ahead")
6.  I don't like wind AT ALL.
7.  I love getting awards!
8.  I love to look into people's homes at night to see how they're decorated.
9.  I can't grow anything except mold on turkey left in the fridge too long.
10. I think living on a farm would be wonderful.


Now for the blogs I'm passing this award on to. Please visit their blogs when you have a minute and enjoy their writing.  Congratulations to all of you!  Please enjoy and pass along the award.


10 Wonderful Bloggers I'd Like To Give This Award To:
1. Daytons Day To Day
2. Peeling An Orange with a Screwdriver
3. The Pleated Poppy
4. 504 Main
5. Minivans Are Hot
6. A Window Into Whimsy
7. Mom-Tionary
8. Todays Creative Blog
Motherhood Yall
10. The Busy Pepper Mill

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you! Also, after reading your random facts, I know exactly why we're friends ;) I think we were cut from the same mold! I can't wait to check out the other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and thank you...I am sitting here in my family room while the rain pours down...how appropriate! I want ti live on a farm too.
    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've lived on a farm.....it's not as much fun as some people seem to think it is. There's neverending work to be done - - feeding the chickens and gathering the eggs, bottle feeding the calves, mucking out the pig pens, slopping the hogs, baling hay and heaving it into the barn, planting the garden, then hoeing the garden, watering the garden,picking the produce, canning the produce (in the hottest time of the summer). Those are the bad things. But the good things are quiet enough to hear the doves calling, the leaves rustling, the cows calling their calves, the peeps of little chicks. It's not all bad, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award! I will have to work on my list after the kiddos are in bed! Thanks for reading. Oh and I hate the wind too. It totally sucks,er, blows?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails