Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Blue Eyes God Gave Me

I see the world with my eyes.  I am inspired through my eyes.  I learn through my eyes.  I am a 100% visual person, hands down, no mistaking it.  My daily world comes to me directly through my eyes.  When I see the mountains in the morning, it evokes a feeling inside me.  When I watch a movie, I so appreciate the cinematography.  The street lined with palm trees seen at just the right angle.  It evokes a feeling inside me.  When I read a magazine, I am inspired by the colors on the page, the font that is used and the light that shines across the water on page 29.  It evokes a feeling inside me.

That’s not to say, that I don’t have emotions other than when I see things, that’s not what I’m talking about.  I enjoy music and the taste of melted butter on a warm corn bread muffin and love the smell of baby magic.  Those things create a feeling in me, but I’m talking about those deep feelings that urge you to do something and make you want to act with purpose. 

Those feelings for me come when I am visually inspired.  It touches me differently than my other senses.  Just the other day, I was standing in line at the grocery store and saw a mother walking toward the exit doors with her four year old daughter.  I couldn't hear them from where I was, but only could see them. The daughter’s shoe was untied.  This mother simply pushed her loaded grocery cart to the side and sat down on the floor with her legs criss-crossed and patiently waited while her little girl kept trying to make bunny ears.  I was so moved to see such a sight.  It made me think.  This little girl will grow up knowing that her mother will always be patient with her and be there to support her.  It evoked a feeling deep inside me.  That vision has been with me for over a week and is permanently imprinted upon my heart. It inspired me to try and be more patient in my life.

I am happiest when I am in a frame of mind to see with my heart and not just “see” with my eyes. The vision, the color, the shape, the trees lined up just so are the inspiration my heart needs to be who I really am.  I am an emotional being who sees with my heart and hopes that when people see me, they see my heart.  It’s not difficult to live this way, yet we all struggle now and again and search for that bit of inspiration to redirect us. Inspiration just happens to come to me through the blue eyes God gave me. I hope that today I will see everyone’s heart in their actions and words and be inspired to do more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails