1. Our new kitten, which we had to convince my husband to adopt - which took a couple of weeks (making us owners of 3 cats now) has decided he is her favorite. She sleeps with him. She naps on his side of the bed. She comes into the room if he’s there. It’s quite funny actually.
2. I’m still in the process of trying to teach my boys that procrastination ALWAYS ends in frustration. This is going to take some practice and some “hands-off” parenting for me to convince them of this. A few hard falls and real consequences will probably teach them more than me saying it over and over. Hard for a mom to do, but I know I have to.
3. My husband is the sweetest, hard-working man and I love him to death. He works all day (sometimes 12 hour days), finds time to play with the boys, fixes my car door trim, volunteers at the Y, helps with cub scouts and brought home crab legs and lobster for us to eat out on the deck for dinner last night. Always thinking of someone else. I wish I could do that more.
4. My best friend got married this last weekend and it was a beautiful ceremony. I was honored to read a poem for them and had to pretty much read it through my tears. I’m so happy that she is happy and wish her the best of everything.
5. I can feel fall trying to make its way into our state. I adore autumn. It’s my very favorite season of the year and look forward to the leaves changing colors and the crisp air in the mornings and evenings. I love all things fall and pumpkin like.
6. One of my nieces just became a doctor. Her sister has decided to begin her thesis and is only a Junior in college. Another niece of mine is about to study abroad in London for a semester for her 3rd year of law school. Another niece started college today and will be studying biology and possibly Arabic. I’m so proud of all of them. Our world will be in good hands!
7. I try everyday to be an effective and loving parent and loving and thoughtful wife. Some days are easier than others. Today was easy.
8. I am anxious to start working on my “craft” room or as I’m planning on calling it, my inspiration room. I have lots of ideas for it and hope to find the bookshelves I’m seeking very soon.
9. The book I’m reading right now, “Change of Heart” by Jodi Picoult is making me miss out on a good nights sleep. I cannot wait to figure out how this ends. There are so many paths it could take, and I’m afraid I’ll have dark circles under my eyes for the next few days until I get the answer.
10. My children have beautiful smiles and make me giggle.
No comments:
Post a Comment