Do you ever have those moments when you’re lost in thought? A moment you wish you were somewhere else. A moment you wish you could be magic. My moments tend to come at stoplights and have been honked at for sitting at the “green” too long. (Obviously the person behind me wasn’t in a thoughtful moment and apparently wished I wasn’t in mine.)
It’s at the stoplight that I wonder what it would be like to live by the sea. Literally, right on the beach. Not a California type of beach, but an English countryside type of beach with cliffs and rocks. Would I sit outside everyday? Would I get tired of hearing the waves? Would I collect sea glass and put it in a basket by the window?
It’s at the stoplight that I wonder what it would be like to have girls. As a mother of two boys, I KNOW it would be different. Would they hold my hand in the store? Would they talk more than I do? Would they be tomboys and play in the dirt or cry when they got dirt on their elbows?
It’s at the stoplight that I wonder if I could ever live in New York City. Would I take advantage of all the museums and galleries or just stay in every night. Would I take an acting class on Tuesday nights and a knitting class Saturday mornings? Would I ever get used to the noise?
It’s at the stoplight that I wonder if I’m doing enough as a mom for my children. Am I doing too much? Should I bend the rules more? Will they look back as adults and think fondly of their childhoods? Do I worry about the little things too much?
My mind never really stops thinking and often have to remind myself that it’s ok to wonder. Wondering is good for the soul. It’s good for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment