Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Not So Little Boys

As the first day of school rolls around I always tend to get a little sentimental.  The boys will soon be putting on their “first day of school” outfits (yes, boys are concerned about looking good just like the girls) and I’ll be asking to take their pictures one more time in the front yard as we head out the door.

It’s hard to believe that I am the mother of a soon to be 8th grader and 4th grader.  I must admit, I love their independence.  It’s comforting to know they can do most things for themselves if they have to.  But, there is a side of me that misses their little chubby faces and them asking for help with their shoes or their zippers.   We’re definitely entering a “Mom, I can do it by myself” mode with one and a “Mom, do you still need to read all my texts?” phase with the other. 

So, in honor of all the soon to be taken “first day of school” pictures, I am remembering when mine were a little smaller and needed mommy’s help a little bit more than they do now.  

 
                                                                    Pre-School Yr. 1                          2nd Grade

  
                                                                   Pre-School Yr. 2                        3rd Grade

 
                                               Kindergarten                          4th Grade

1 comment:

  1. So sentimental to see them grow, isn't it? On one hand, we are so proud of them and then we are nostalgic for the little ones they were.

    Beautiful pictures.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails