Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Inspire The World With You

When I think of inspiration I think of the writers that I follow each week and their beautiful words put in perfect order.  I think of public figures like Oprah or Bill Gates and how they encourage everyday people to do more and be more.  I think of the single parent that works three jobs to support their children through college and medical school.  I think of the artist that paints with strokes of ease as the paint touches the canvas.

I don’t think of myself.

Art by Ricki Mountain
Do you think of yourself as inspiring?

The answer to that may be yes and it may be no…but…

I bet there is someone out there who thinks you are inspiring.

Actually, I know this to be true.  You inspire me with your comments, your kind words and your beautiful lives.

We may not be aware of those whom we inspire. 

We may inspire from afar with a handwritten note. 
We may inspire with a phone call at the right moment.
We may inspire with a smile and a wave.
We may inspire with a hug in the morning.
We may inspire with our well wishes.
We may inspire with our motivation to reach a goal.
We may inspire with our encouraging thoughts.
We may inspire with our willingness to help.
We may inspire with our dedication to a task.
We may inspire with a vote of confidence.
We may inspire with a firm handshake and pat on the back.
We may inspire with our time to truly listen.
We may inspire with our desire to improve our attitude toward life.

The list is endless.   Just when you think no one sees or no one notices, someone does see.  Someone does notice.  Don’t ever think that you cannot inspire others.  It doesn’t have to be a grand gesture like donating millions of dollars to start a college or speaking at an ivy-league college graduation.

You inspire when you are being who you were created to be and are true to that nature.  That is true inspiration.  I challenge you to be your true inspirational self today; the self that knows confidence and feels love. Go. Run.  Inspire the world with you. 

3 comments:

  1. YOU inspire ME! I LOVE this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger, YOU inspire me with your words everyday. I so enjoy you stopping by. Inspiration is all around us, but we forget that we are also fountains of inspiration for others. You have given me inspiration at times when I need it most when you don't even realize you've done it. I thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails