Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Found Treasure Up For Grabs

We recently sold our house, barely a week ago, and are now moving into the next phase of many, many phases in the house selling/buying process.  It’s called, the “I don’t want to move any junk to a new house” phase.  So, you know what that means.  Yes, you know.  Garage sale.   It has to happen, because I am not going to move one item that does not have a purpose or value in our new home.   It’s a sticky situation though and has to be handled very carefully because one man’s junk is another man’s treasure.  We’ve all heard that saying, but it becomes very real when you have people in the house who do not believe their “stuff” to be “junk”.  It’s a very fine line you have to walk and all the appropriate questions need to be asked to evaluate the said items. 

When was the last time you played with your box of plastic dinosaurs?  How often have you needed 187 stuffed animals in the last six months? Year?  When was the last time you wore that to work?  The list goes on and on and of course, I have to ask myself those same questions.  Does a girl really need to have 4000 sheets of craft paper or 60 rubber stamps she doesn’t use anymore?   Why do I keep dishes I don’t use? 

Now is the time to use it or lose.  It’s going to be a big one and will probably place an ad for it in the newspaper to be sure and alert all the garage sale goers.  We will have quite the variety of goods to be had.   And, don’t tell the boys, but almost all of it will be $2 or less.  I want it gone.  Goodbye.  So long.   Why pack it all up and move it only to waste time and space?  I say, “Get rid of it.”

Here are some of the items I expect to be on our driveway with an orange sticker very soon:

Dishes
Crafting supplies
Dinosaurs
Hot Wheels
Magazines
Bread maker
Games
Stuffed Animals
Cook Books
Back Massage Chair
Flower Pots (I can’t grow them, but think I’ll try every year!)
Sports equipment

Be sure to come early as it’s all going!  I’ll have lemonade and cookies for you, so bring your quarters and your bags to carry away all your new found treasures.  See you on a Saturday in May!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a good tactic. When husband and I move this summer I am not taking anything we don't need. No junk! I want to be organized! I hope the garage sale goes well. Sounds kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to stop by and say hi from Sunny Bug World...I love the colors of the design for your blog! I too am in the process of planning a garage sale - or as my husband is calling it "the liquidation sale". I truly live by the motto - less is more - I can't wait for our junk, err... stuff to be gone! Good luck with the sale & move.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails