Monday, June 7, 2010

Dry Goods Await

The excitement is beginning to build.  I know moving has been in every sentence I’ve uttered since April 9th, but you have to understand, we’ve been waiting for this for three years and the week is finally approaching.   I know I’ll probably have a moment next week when the house is completely empty and I do one last walk through each room to remember all the wonderful times in this home.   That part is still a week away, but the exciting part is only 4 days away, which is thrilling for me to even say.

I know it’s just a new house, and people move all the time, but this house has pretty much all that we’ll need and so am looking forward to utilizing all the space that we’ll have.  I’m most looking forward to sitting on the deck of an evening looking at the peak and listening to the quiet.   I’m sure it’s going to become one of my favorite spaces quickly. 

I drove by the house yesterday (yes, I know it’s a bit obsessive to pass it every three days) and saw that the entire west side of the house is lined with purple iris in full bloom.   It’s been quite some time since I’ve had flowers in my yard.   Remember, I have difficulty keeping anything alive and have managed to kill an evergreen bush in our current front yard.  Yes, an evergreen.   How is that even possible?  

My “dry goods” (at least that’s what the box will say) are awaiting their box and so better get down there and pack my strawberry frosting and cake mix before I lose my momentum.   The house is starting to echo and the walls of boxes are creating wonderful hiding spots for the cats.  Until my next break, enjoy the day that awaits you. 

p.s.
It’s 97 here today and we don’t have air conditioning, but we do in our  new house!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails