Home. We are home. I don’t really have the words to explain how I’m feeling right now. Joy, elation, exhaustion, drained, motivated, comforted. It’s all those emotions rolled up into one amazing week. It’s gone by so quickly and without a hitch. That’s the incredible part of this whole process. Everything and I mean everything went smoother than I ever could have hoped for. We are now living in this beautiful space surrounded by a gorgeous view of the mountains, flowers in the yard and our children running circles around our fenceless yard. Truly blessings are flowing.
This house now feels like home and everything (except the office downstairs and the craft room upstairs) is in its place. I know where the macaroni goes in the cupboard, and where to add bleach in my new front load washing machine, as well as where the traumatized cats go when someone rings the doorbell.
There is a bit of a learning curve when you move into a new home though, and I’m hoping it will be a short one. Light switches are still a mystery and aren’t where we expect them to be. The gas stove takes FOREVER to boil water and takes 20 minutes to cook a 12-minute pizza. Ceiling fans are dangerous in loft beds, and blind dogs don’t know which yard they’re in when they’re doing their business (so barefoot tag in the backyard might require a scout before play begins).
Overall, this move was painless and problem free. With the market the way it is and with all the things that could have gone wrong, we somehow avoided them all (except for the one couch that wouldn’t fit around a corner, and is soon to be on Craig’s list). We even had the nicest sellers, who left us every manual for every item in the home (from door knobs and garage door manuals to receipts for furnace updates and lawn maintenance). They even left us a photo album of the home being built and photos of every stage of the process. Pretty cool, huh?
Tonight I will go to bed with a sense of accomplishment, and a complete feeling of exhaustion. Starting tomorrow, I am cranking down my speed to a mere troll and will leave the speedboat racing for the professionals. I need to breathe and enjoy the view, the deck, my flowers, my husband, my children and having the most wonderful home to start creating new memories in. We are home. Home.

No comments:
Post a Comment