Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tally Makes Five


Today is one of my favorite days.  It’s book club night and I get to host.  I’m really looking forward to it.  I’ve been doing this for almost five years and truly enjoy it and the company of some of the most wonderful women (and mothers) around.   We usually spend about 10 minutes (sometimes more, but not usually) talking about the actual book and whether or not we liked it and the rest of the time is spent just chatting away about life, kids, diapers, teens, vacations and the like.  It’s always enjoyable and I always walk away feeling wonderful and energized from the conversations.

I think in the five years we’ve been doing this, I’ve only not read the book of the month perhaps four times. (One, because I just couldn’t get into it and another because I put it on my ipod to listen to while working out, only to find I had it on shuffle for the first two days. I know. Pretty stupid.) Well, tonight I have to put another hash mark on that tally and make it five.  The worst part is that I picked the book for this month.   I guess with packing and moving and unpacking, I just didn’t have time for it.   I know that’s an excuse, but I still feel bad for not reading my own choice.  I love to share thoughts with everyone and participate in the conversation.  I guess this time I’ll just have to sit and smile and hope everyone else read it and enjoyed it.  I plan on reading it, and actually am on page 23 right now.  Honest.

Maybe I’m not the only one this time.  Summer and kids don’t always make for much free “sit and read in peace and quiet” time.  My kids are too little for naps and I’m too old to stay up late and read.  I guess I’ll find out soon enough.   The book is Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos.  Let me know if you finish it before me.  Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails