Thursday, June 3, 2010

Let the Countdown Begin

I know its been a bit since I’ve written a new blog, and I told myself when I started this that I wouldn’t put it off, but as most of you know, life happens.   For the last few weeks, life has been happening in full force here.  No leisurely walks in the evening, no sitting in bed reading, and no pausing for a breather (ok, so maybe we did take a trip to NYC and that should count as a breather).  Life has been moving at a pace I’ve had difficulty keeping up with, until today, when I started to feel as if I may have my head around what bits and pieces are left to finish.

There’s so much that’s been going on, I thought I’d just do one of my lists to catch you up from where my blogging stopped and then hopefully by the time next week rolls around, I’ll have a few more minutes in the day to really write.  Here’s a taste of what’s been happening in my world for the last few weeks.

Completed a successful garage sale
Oldest son inducted into the National Junior Honor Society at school
Attended Little League day at the local baseball park and watched a baseball game
Youngest son crossed over to be a Webelo in cub scouts
Packed up 85% of the house in preparation for our big move
Generated 25-½ lawn and leaf sized bags of trash in one week of packing (scary - I know)
Sold old oak table on Craig’s List
Took a trip to NYC and had the most amazing time (more to come on this in a later blog)
Both boys finished school yesterday
Cub Scout hike in the mountains
Little League baseball games
Celebrated my nephew’s birthday
Attended son’s band concert
Dinner with friends
Boys attended sleepovers and birthday parties
Shopped for new furniture for the house
Hired a moving company
Book club meeting
Celebrated 20th wedding anniversary

I know it might not seem like a lot, but its filled most of my days and nights for many weeks and today feel the thunder fading and the sun starting to shine.   Just 8 days and counting until the big move and we’ll be enjoying our new home and unpacking all the boxes I’ve been so diligent in packing. (Thanks mom for helping with the office today!) I just hope the new Webelos neckerchief and clip show up.  They are currently the only items that have gone astray amongst the boxes and packing.  (Keep your fingers crossed it didn’t get tossed out by accident.)  Let the countdown begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails