Monday, June 28, 2010

Project Flower

I have lilies in my yard.  Lilies are my favorite flower.  When I woke up this morning and came down to make breakfast, I saw this orange flower sticking out from behind the pine tree.  I didn’t remember there being flowers there when I mowed last week.  Then I looked again and sure enough, there were several lilies in bloom.  I was thrilled.  I don’t know why I love this flower really, I just do.  Roses are a bit predictable, irises don’t smell nice, and daisies are just too simple.  Lilies have a mix of simplicity and elegance wrapped into one beautiful bloom. 

I also have new purple flowers blooming on a vine that I’ve never seen before.  I might just have to do some research today and find out what they are.   The previous owner was quite the gardener, so have surprises all around the yard.  I even found a birdhouse behind the corner of the lilacs as well and it has a nest in it.  Don’t know what type of bird, but I’m certain there’s been a family there by all the feathers and nesting supplies.

Around our deck, we have planters complete with a drip system ready for use as well.  I bought some pots to put into the holders but don’t know what type of flower to put into them.  I’ll have to check out some of the different types at Home Depot today.  I really shouldn’t let the drips of water go to waste. I’m thinking red or white.  We’ll see what grabs my attention when I get there. 

For now, I’ll share the lilies and purple blooms with you.  Maybe you know what type of flower it is.  It’s such a deep shade of purple too.  Gorgeous.  Just gorgeous.









1 comment:

  1. The mysterious purple flowers are very pretty...not sure what they are...I wish some would appear in my yard :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails