Friday, August 13, 2010

Only Time Will Tell


Technically, we have three days of summer left, counting today, and I’m really wishing we had three more weeks.  We’ve had such a nice leisurely month since we’ve returned from vacation and I don’t want it to end. I don’t even have to ask the boys their opinion about it.  I know their answer. 

This has been one of the first summers that we haven’t had a jam-packed schedule.  We’ve had busy days, yes, but more lazy days, which has been great.  They need down time. Unscheduled time. 

I need down time too.  I was just thinking this morning that it would be wonderful to find a flea market somewhere in the mountains and stroll through all the goodies and perhaps find a special treasure I just can’t life without. Some time to just think about nothing. Our minds need to be busy, but they also need time to reflect and ponder all that life is and breathe the fresh air.

The day awaits us and we have no plans.  It’s a nice feeling not knowing what every day will bring.  A little spontaneity is nice.  I’ll let you know how the day unfolds.  Maybe I’ll find a flea market and buy a ceramic bird or a roadside tomato stand and make homemade salsa.  Only time will tell.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, my do I agree. My summer has been fairly calm, but I've missed that quiet time. Time where I can get through all the urgent thoughts and then rest and really ponder things.

    Hmmmm....when and where to find it.

    Blessings to you.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails