Have you ever prayed for something to happen, to not happen, for direction, for clarity, for answers to questions, for a sign? I have. Many times, with an emphasis on the asking for a sign probably one too many times.
I’d like to think that God and I are pretty good friends. He knows everything about me and all my quirks and all my thoughts and feelings. He’s given me so much and I am grateful for it all. As far as what I know about Him, I know that I can never dream a dream bigger than He’s dreamed for me. I know that I can count on Him when I am at my lowest and at my highest during the day. I find comfort in our friendship. I’d probably go as far to say that we’re actually good friends.
Well, the other day, I was watching one of Oprah’s Lifeclasses on tv that I had recorded (it’s the only show I really look forward to) and as the credits were rolling I turned down the sound to answer the phone. It was one of those recorded messages about taking a survey, and I hung up on the recording as quickly as I answered it and turned the volume back up on the class.
Just as I hit the “+” sign on the controller, Oprah looked right into the camera and said, “Maybe God is waiting on you,” and the show ended.
Was this meant for me? Did I hear her correctly? These were words I have never heard or even given thought to. Does God wait on us? Sure, God teaches us lessons and we are many times taught the same lesson over and over until we get it and the lesson “clicks” for us somehow. But, does He actually wait on us to do something, to act on the gifts He’s given to us? Does He really wait for us to make the first move?
Is the sign I pray for so many times actually me? Am I what needs to act and not God?
Maybe for some of you, this isn’t anything new, but for me, I never looked at God as needing to wait for anything or anyone. He’s all knowing, all giving, all loving. Why would he need to wait, especially on me?
Maybe God is waiting on me. Maybe what I seek is already here, in my own hands.
Maybe God is waiting on me. Maybe I need to act and not wait. Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment