Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Photo A Day: Day 23 (Warmth) It's Powerful

When you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done. - Anonymous

Read it again. I’ll wait. 

It’s powerful, don’t you think? 

The want doesn’t have to be a material thing.  It can be, but it doesn’t have to be.  

If you want to know everything about photography, then you have to do something you’ve never done (take a class, find a mentor, take pictures, enter a contest).  

If you want to meditate in the morning while it’s quiet, then you have to do something you’ve never done (go to bed earlier, set the alarm 20 minutes earlier).

If you want to be more connected to your friends and family, then you have to do something you’ve never done (write them a letter, take them to lunch unexpectedly, skype with them in the evening, call them every Tuesday night).

I have many ideas of things I’d like to do, and I think about them all the time.   I, however, get fearful of trying anything new, trying something different than what I know right this minute. Heck, when I think about it, I order the same three things at a restaurant every time.  EVERY TIME.   Am I just too content to venture out; worried I’ll unsettle the very calm water that my life is right now?  I don’t like uncertainty, the unknown.  I like to know where the train is going and if I’m in the right seat or not.  How could I possibly write for a magazine, or enter a photography contest, or… (the list is endless). 

My inner voice wants something more for myself.  My inner voice wants to do something I’ve never done before.  My inner voice speaks and yet I pretend I don’t hear it the majority of the time.  Why?  Fear?  Contentment? Why?

When you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done. - Anonymous.

Read it again. (I’m not talking to you this time, just to me.)

It’s powerful, don’t you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails