Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Photo A Day: Day 29 (Light) In My Mind

I have over 17,000 photos in my iphoto library (used to be over 19,000 until my hard drive decided to take a day off) and very few of myself.  I'm always behind the camera trying to capture the moment, the smile, the mood, etc.   I'm not in very many, and the ones I am in, I don't care for that much.   

But....

The other day I was playing with the settings on my camera and was trying to work with the light/dark feature and didn't have anyone to test the lighting on but me.   I sat on the floor and let the camera snap away.   This was the first shot.   


For some reason, when I look at this photo, it looks like me.  I know it looks like me.  I don't mean it that way.  I mean that in my mind, I appear a certain way, happy, content, simple.   This photo of me looks like I look in my mind.

Does that make sense?

It's not often that we really see ourselves as we imagine.  It's difficult in the day to day life to capture a moment of our soul and put it onto the digital card and it actually shine back at you.   Maybe it sounds strange, but I really like the way I look in this shot.  It makes me happy knowing that what I feel like inside can show on the outside at a given moment.

I hope you will let your inner self shine through for the world to see.  I know it would be a beautiful photo.


1 comment:

  1. Stephani,
    I finally had a chance to read all of your "Photo A Day" entries. Thank you for the beautiful pictures and your thoughts for each, it was a pleasure reading through the project. In this picture you describe yourself as simple, and although your wants and needs might be simple, your many talents certainly aren't!
    Vera

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails