Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Today Is Tuesday!


Today is the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and you know what that means!!  It means it’s time to put up the Christmas tree.   Don’t hate me.   I know it’s a tad early.  Ok, maybe it’s too early, but (remember, there’s always a but) I have time today to get the house ready for Christmas and am ready for a little cinnamon to waft through the house.  Plus, I have a few little ideas I want to try this year, and am feeling a little crafty and want to get started.

I know you’re probably thinking having Thanksgiving dinner with the Christmas tree up is just wrong.  Well, I’ll have you know, we actually celebrated Thanksgiving dinner with my parents Sunday night over at their home and had a wonderful home-cooked meal (our compliments to the chef!)  Mom is an amazing cook and knows how to make the meanest cheesy potato dish that I could have eaten like ice cream, but didn’t.  (I only had one serving!  Ok, that’s a lie.  I had two.  Really.  Just two.)  Delicious.

So, officially, we’ve celebrated our Thanksgiving together and so technically I’m not breaking any holiday rules by putting it up.  I’m just in the mood and want to see all the sparkly lights and bells spread around the house. Might even need to hang the lights on the tree outside as well.  I promise I won’t turn them on though until AFTER Thursday.  Would that be ok with you?  

Here’s hoping you have a wonderful Tuesday before Thanksgiving!




1 comment:

  1. It has been a good Tuesday before Thanksgiving here.

    I love that you put your tree up already. It shows how much you love Christmas and your family is so lucky to have a mom who loves to celebrate and make home more cozy and warm to be in. You are creating lifetime memories for them and they will always love you for that. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails