Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Photo A Day: Day 30 (Light) Be My Light


Today marks the end of a 30-day project for me.  It has been a lesson in dedication, a lesson of the heart and opening up photos for interpretation, a lesson in photography, a lesson in motivation and a lesson in finding my way.  I hope you’ve enjoyed following along with me on my journey these past thirty days as much as I have enjoyed preparing each day for you.

Today’s final photo is one filled with personal meaning for myself.  It has become my soul mantra and find great strength in these three simple words.

Be My Light.


Be My Light.

Remember my post a while back….If you want something you’ve never had, then you have to do something you’ve never done. (You can read it here if you haven’t read it yet.)
This soul mantra is helping me to do just that; do something I’ve never done to try and obtain something I’ve never had.  

Be My Light.

Be My Light.

I must be my light on the path.  I can’t rely on someone else to carry the lantern and make my path visible to me.  I must be my light.   I need to rely on all that I am and all the gifts that have been give to me and let them carry me.  I can’t rely on someone else to motivate me.  I have to be my light.

I want to live my dreams instead of look at them.  I want to try something different so that I can achieve something different and in order to do that, I much be my light.  No one else can do that for me.

It is a beautiful thing to feel empowered by three simple words.  I hope you will sit and listen to your inner voice and let your soul mantra come to be.  What do you need right in this moment?   Listen for the whisper.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe it's been thirty days already. It doesn't feel like it can be, but I know that it is! What a great project this has been and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts this last month and getting to know you better. I know that if we lived closer I would probably spend lots of time with you. I feel like you and I have so much in common! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! 30 days has come and gone so quickly. I'm glad you've enjoyed the project. I think I'm going to have to come up with some more unique ideas because it really made writing much easier for me with a goal in mind. I actually thought I saw you at the grocery store the other day!! I had to look twice before I realized it wasn't. I'm sure we'd spend time together. We do have much in common. Enjoy the rest of your week and am happy to see your writing once again!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails