Everyone is hustling about, with their Starbucks coffees in hand, circling the parking lots looking for a great spot, carrying shopping bags and standing in line after line while I remain tucked in under the covers with the house filled with quiet. I like quiet.
I am not a shopper and rarely get the “bug” to go out and shop. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m a great window shopper and browser, but not big on shopping. I enjoy an afternoon walking through the quaint shops and testing all the lotions and potions, but NOT when five million others are doing the same thing. It makes me crazy.
I almost had to leave the grocery store a few days ago because of the mad rush on Thanksgiving pumpkin and turkey! There were too many carts, whining napless children, and long lines for me. I have no patience for it whatsoever. Maybe I’m getting old and my senses go on overload when in big noisy crowds? Maybe I’m realizing that I really don’t need another string of lights or box of ornaments to make the holiday perfect? Maybe I’m just……boring. Boring is good.
Rather than fight my way through the massive crowds to snatch up the last “$19.95” sale item in red, today will be a quiet one at home with a trip to the movies with my boys. Popcorn and gummi bears won’t be in high demand, and we won’t have to stand in line because I can buy our tickets on-line and avoid that entire process!
If you’re one of those crazy shoppers out there today (and I mean that in the most endearing sort of way), enjoy yourself, but please don’t think badly of me for not participating in all the holiday chaos. Chaos just isn’t my thing.

I'm right there with you! I detest shopping and only do it when I NEED to. It is not something I enjoy in any sense of the word. I'm glad there are others out there like me! We are heading to the movies too. I'm looking forward to it.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a nice Thanksgiving! :)
We had a great Thanksgiving...how about you? I don't know if there's a "thing" that I need to purchase enough to skip sleeping for. Just don't have that shopping gene!! Glad I'm not alone.
ReplyDelete